“Cross Train Your Creativity” Women’s 2015 Retreat
June 7th – June 12th ~ OVERVIEW
A guided exploration for wonder-filled women.
This wide open northeast Oregon terrain, with vistas stretching endlessly, wide open skies and legends of deep history, will cradle a safe, harmonious and engaging gathering. With this retreat, our intention is to cultivate and steward awareness and creativity through play, invention and connection.
To explore how watercolor, journaling and plein air painting compliment and ignite new perspectives.
John Muir … “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”
For spirited women who feel invigorated in the whispering beauty of wide open plains tucked up against magnificent mountains!
Limited to 12 participants (including your instructor), and is all inclusive of lodging, Rim Rock Inn meals and all workshops.
- Held at the Rim Rock Inn, Enterprise, Oregon, www.rimrockinnor.com
- To arrive at the Rim Rock Inn, drive up the Columbia Gorge from Portland, Oregon 360 miles, or from Lewiston, Idaho (where United Airlines connects) drive 56 miles or from Ashland, Oregon, drive 552 miles.
- Begins Sunday evening (June 7, 2015)
- Ends Friday afternoon (June 12, 2015)
- Everyday (six days) includes programs by both instructors: Elaine (watercolor, journaling & plein air)
- Most activities will take place between Flora (nearby ghost town) and Rim Rock grounds. Mid-week will take us to visit Joseph and the Wallowa Eagle Cap Mountain area.
- Lodging options include full upstairs Loft Apartment (full kitchen, bathroom & sunny deck), a 20 foot tepee (sleeps 3-6) and tent sites. All with glorious canyon views.
- In keeping with our back-to-camp playfulness (yes, there may be s’mores), the sleeping arrangements are bunkhouse style (e.g., modern, shared rooms where each person has their own bed). We love how this fits in with the spirit of the retreat. Yet at the same time you may reserve a full private room for an additional fee.
- All Rim Rock Inn meals are included. Mostly we dine in our roomy, private Loft Apartment. Downstairs in the main floor restaurant, our extended continental breakfast faire will start the day accompanied by tea, coffee and fresh-squeezed juice, and later we partake of a relaxed and refreshing lunch (possibly brown bag if you want to stay out on site). Evening meals will find us embracing the Rim Rock’s Chef’s creativity – perhaps on our private deck.
- Participants with special menu needs are welcome to bring along their preferences. With the Loft’s fully equipped kitchen you can attend to your personal pleasure too.
- Amidst the formal instruction and programs you have ample time for hiking and private reflection.
- One day we will focus on getting out to the beautiful town of Joseph and surrounding wonders. To immerse ourselves in the joy of the outdoors where we’ll visit the Heritage Site of the Nez Perce affording us glistening streams, the fishing pond and spectacular views of the Eagle Cap Range and, of course to paint and sketch.
- Retreat pricing has a wide range to offer. Lodging in the modern Loft will have:
It will include lodging, food, activities, and instruction. Please call with any questions.
- If you want to upgrade to a private room you would occupy one of the three full bedrooms in the Loft, sharing the bath. You can keep as private as you like, or share with a friend of your choice and pricing would be the “shared room” amount for each of you.
- In addition to your personal items, bring your favorite watercolor paint brushes, watercolor travel palette, plein air painting set up as well as your trusty journal. If you have questions about materials, please call Elaine: 541-944-2196 or email: elainefrenettlivecom.
As the air is spring crisp, new blossoms begin to unfurl pink and thoughts turn to the renewing of life and perspective, come breathe creativity into your personal expression.